About cellulose acetate
Cellulose acetate, made from naturally materials and returning to nature after disposal, is attracting the attention as an eco-friendly cellulosic resin.
Features of Cellulose Acetate
- Cellulose acetate, which utilizes, as a raw material, cellulose obtained from wood and cotton, has attracted attention as an environmentally friendly resin in recent years.
- Cellulose acetate is a substance which is highly safe for living organisms.
- Fabrics, molded products, coating film, paints, etc. made of cellulose acetate have high resistance to sunlight (in particular, ultraviolet rays), do not easily undergo degradation, and hence can be used for long periods.
- Cellulose acetate is relatively resistant to flame and also has a high melting point so that it melts and is carbonized at 230 to 300℃.
- Cellulose acetate is durable towards organic and inorganic weak acids, animal and vegetable oils, gasoline etc.
- Cellulose acetate has low electrical conductivity and large internal and external resistance, is good to insulation material.